Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fed up!

Just when I thought that Distrust had reached his zenith and was starting to leave, today comes in and hands him a folded metal chair.

I'm so angry about this $50-Billion investment scam run by Bernard Madoff. I can understand someone bending the rules of the game for self-gain, but it hurts everyone when they get outright broken. I hope the judge makes an example of him. Talking about building investor trust and confidence, the TSX has halted trading today for technical reasons. No better way to provide assurance than with a technical glitch! Forgive my sarcasm, but this is just silly. Is the TSX's plan B really to just re-route trades through a competing trading system?? Finally, the US Federal Reserve has cut interest rates to zero. The Globe & Mail calls it "the monetary policy equivalent of a Hail Mary pass", but I like the analogy of a soldier throwing his last grenade into a crowd of credit zombies. I'm starting to get really worried.

To take my mind off of this mess, I'm watching Gorrila in the Greenhouse. Let me know when the TSX is back up.....

No comments: